For our next Tuesday Tips Series I’m going to provide valuable insights on how to get the best results from your Facebook Business page. We’re going to begin this week with exactly how to set up your page.
Best Practices For Setting Up Your Facebook Business Page
- Set up your business page while logged into your personal Facebook page using the drop down arrow on the far right. This connects both pages for ease of use, but keeps each page separate. No one can see your personal information. Simply click “create page”.
- You will be asked to select a category that best describes your business. Choices include: “Local Business or Place”, “Company, “Organization or Institution”, “Brand or Product, Artist”, “Band or Public Figure”, “Entertainment” or “Cause 0r Community”.
- Next you will be asked to select a category from the drop down and supply your business information. Be as detailed as possible as this is the information your followers will use to contact you!
- Now it’s time to let viewers know about your company. Be as specific as possible and don’t forget to add keywords! You can also add a custom Facebook url for your page. It’s highly recommended to use your company name.
- Select the best profile picture for your page, typically your company logo. This must be a high resolution image as it will be used as an icon each time you comment, like or create a post.
- Definitely add your newly created business page to your personal favorites. It will help you tremendously when the time comes to post, like and share!
- This just may be the most important step—setting up your preferred page audience. Tell Facebook exactly the type of client you’re trying to reach.
- Create a memorable cover image. This is the wide photo that runs along the top of your page. Below is an example of a cover image for BuilderRadio.
Next week I will reveal even more details on how to tweak your new Facebook Business Page, including how to customize that blue call to action you see on the example above.
If you have any questions regarding what we’ve covered up to this point, please don’t hesitate to give me a call directly at 301.416.7861.